Higher than expected(?) energy usage

From: Jack Royal-Gordon <jack(at)architechies(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Higher than expected(?) energy usage
Date: 2021-03-01 22:10:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

I’m running the test version of pgadmin with nwjs, and I just noticed that my laptop felt a little warm, so of course I went to check on energy usage, expecting the culprit to be a webpage with a bunch of crap on it. But, to my surprise, it was pgAdmin. When I drilled down into it, I saw that it was “nwjs Helper (Renderer)” (not the child “Python" under it). And the number was between 15 and 20 of the system. This while the window was off-screen and no queries or anything were going on in the program (I haven’t touched the app in a couple hours, and the numbers were consistent over my period of observation, which was 15-20 minutes).

Is this to be expected? Is it indicative of an issue? Or am I just borrowing trouble?

Regards,

Jack