Re: Table's REPLICATE IDENTITY : where is it kept?

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table's REPLICATE IDENTITY : where is it kept?
Date: 2018-07-30 14:11:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 30/07/2018 16:37, Tom Lane wrote:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> writes:
>> I noticed that after changing a table's REPLICA IDENTITY via the ALTER TABLE command, this is not reflected in pg_dump.
> Really? There's certainly code in there that purports to do it:
When its a plain INDEX it is pg_dump'ed correctly.
But when this is a CONSTRAINT index it is not.
e.g.
\d status
    "status_id_key" UNIQUE CONSTRAINT, btree (id)
    "status_uk" UNIQUE, btree (id)

alter table status REPLICA IDENTITY USING INDEX status_id_key;
This does not get dumped:
postgres(at)TEST-smadb:~$ pg_dump --schema-only | grep "REPLICA IDENTITY"
postgres(at)TEST-smadb:~$

But if I do :

alter table status REPLICA IDENTITY USING INDEX status_uk;
then I get correct result :

postgres(at)TEST-smadb:~$ pg_dump --schema-only | grep "REPLICA IDENTITY"
ALTER TABLE ONLY public.status REPLICA IDENTITY USING INDEX status_uk;
postgres(at)TEST-smadb:~$

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead