Re: Table's REPLICATE IDENTITY : where is it kept?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table's REPLICATE IDENTITY : where is it kept?
Date: 2018-07-30 13:37:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> writes:
> I noticed that after changing a table's REPLICA IDENTITY via the ALTER TABLE command, this is not reflected in pg_dump.

Really? There's certainly code in there that purports to do it:

/*
* dump properties we only have ALTER TABLE syntax for
*/
if ((tbinfo->relkind == RELKIND_RELATION ||
tbinfo->relkind == RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE ||
tbinfo->relkind == RELKIND_MATVIEW) &&
tbinfo->relreplident != REPLICA_IDENTITY_DEFAULT)
{
if (tbinfo->relreplident == REPLICA_IDENTITY_INDEX)
{
/* nothing to do, will be set when the index is dumped */
}
else if (tbinfo->relreplident == REPLICA_IDENTITY_NOTHING)
{
appendPQExpBuffer(q, "\nALTER TABLE ONLY %s REPLICA IDENTITY NOTHING;\n",
qualrelname);
}
else if (tbinfo->relreplident == REPLICA_IDENTITY_FULL)
{
appendPQExpBuffer(q, "\nALTER TABLE ONLY %s REPLICA IDENTITY FULL;\n",
qualrelname);
}
}