Re: Performance problems with large telemetric datasets on 7.4.2

From: "Sven Clement" <sven(at)dsign(dot)lu>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Kroeger" <andrew(at)sprocks(dot)gotdns(dot)com>, "Mark Lewis" <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance problems with large telemetric datasets on 7.4.2
Date: 2007-08-06 07:10:01
Lists: pgsql-performance

2007/8/5, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>:

> I don't remember a bug like that. Where did you read that from?
>
> --
> Heikki Linnakangas

Partially I found that one in the PostgreSQL Documentation for the
7.x.xversions under the command REINDEX where they claim that you
should run a
reindex under certain circumstances and for my comprehension this says that
with some access pattern (as ours (major writes / one big delete per day))
the index may be corrupted or otherwise not really useful.

Sven Clement