Re: tcp_keepalives_idle ignored

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "henry" <henry(at)zen(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tcp_keepalives_idle ignored
Date: 2008-01-12 11:20:14
Lists: pgsql-general

"henry" <henry(at)zen(dot)co(dot)za> writes:

> tcp_keepalives_interval and tcp_keepalives_count I have left on default.
> After a few hours worth of running, theres a few thousand idle postgres
> procs, and they're all idle...

Are you sure the clients are actually gone? tcp keepalives are only going to
help if you have clients disappearing -- such as networks being unplugged or
client machines getting turned off. Under normal conditions when a client
disconnects the postgres process will go away immediately.

--
Gregory Stark