Re: munin plugin for bloat

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Kevin Kempter <kevink(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: munin plugin for bloat
Date: 2009-10-08 09:34:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Kevin Kempter <kevink(at)consistentstate(dot)com> writes:

> I have an sql query I like to run that shows the top 10 bloated tables. I'm
> wanting to turn it into a munin graph however the issue is that the list of
> tables (the top 10) are not constant which seems to indicate that I need
> something more dynamic than what's available as a standard munin plugin.
>
> Has anyone out there already tackled this?

Please see in attachement an example of a dynamic legend munin graph
that we use here. I think it's available somewhere online, but attaching
it in this mail was quicker ;)

In short it's supposed to work out-of-the-box, but I've had strange bugs
with that that were uneasy and hacky to fix. Try this, try that, oh that
works. I may have overlooked something there though.

Regards,
--
dim

Attachment Content-Type Size