Re: Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behavior might be changed in the future or not

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Egashira\, Yusuke" <egashira(dot)yusuke(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-general\(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behavior might be changed in the future or not
Date: 2019-01-17 06:56:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Egashira> Hi,
Egashira> I have a question about array_to_string().

Egashira> I think array_to_string() concatenates always array elements
Egashira> from the "beginning" of the array elements and this rule will
Egashira> not be changed on the future minor releases.

Egashira> Is my understanding correct?

The order of elements in the original array will always be preserved in
the string output, yes.

Egashira> For example, I understand that array_to_string() "never"
Egashira> output like following result now and in the future, is my
Egashira> understanding correct?

Yes.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)