Re: A modest proposal: get rid of GUC's USERLIMIT variable category

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A modest proposal: get rid of GUC's USERLIMIT variable category
Date: 2004-11-11 04:45:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:

> > Would that mean I wouldn't be able to change the logging level on the fly at
> > all?
>
> I would think you'd still be able to do it through a security definer
> wrapper function owned by a superuser.

Oh yeah, well that would be sufficient for my purposes.

I must say I thought the behaviour of being able to raise but not lower
logging levels beyond what the system had set was pretty slick when I first
found out about it. But it's not the most important thing in the world, as
long as there's an escape hatch.

--
greg