Re: Quality of email postings

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Quality of email postings
Date: 2007-08-10 13:32:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

"Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:

> I am getting concerned about the quality of email traffic on the
> advocacy list. It seems postings are often not fully formed ideas and
> that threads frequently go on and on with few conclusions. I am
> thinking there has to be more leadership in keeping threads on track,
> and more focus in emails.

I propose that we restrict advocacy to be writable by only the www team.
Everyone else can send their suggested posts to them and they can edit them
and post them. That way the discussions will represent only a professional
appearance and we can avoid having porn posted on the advocacy mailing list.

--
Gregory Stark