Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill

From: merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com (Randal L(dot) Schwartz)
To: John Meyer <john(dot)l(dot)meyer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Date: 2007-01-21 06:17:46
Lists: pgsql-general

John> I'd say fine, but why discuss the flaws of MySQL on a PostgreSQL list?
John> If you want to correct it, why not put that flaw on a MySQL list. And
John> yes, I agree, there is a difference between pointing out a legitimate
John> flaw and simply bashing for bashing's sake.

It's a valid discussion here (although better on -advocacy), because it helps
me have the right facts to present to clients about whether they should stay
with a legacy database in MySQL vs upgrading to a modern PostgreSQL.

<merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>