Re: postgreSQL editors

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: beyaRecords - The home Urban music <uzo(at)beya-records(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgreSQL editors
Date: 2003-12-31 05:02:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Dec 30, 2003, at 10:05 AM, beyaRecords - The home Urban music wrote:

> Hi,
> can anyone recommend a good editor for postgreSQl wich wil enable me
> to create functions/stored procedures?
> I am currently running version 7.4.1 on OS X 10.3

If you're looking for an editor to write arbitrary SQL and support
color syntax highlighting, you probably can't go wrong with BBEdit. You
can get the ANSI SQL glossary for highlighting, and although it won't
pick up PostgreSQL-specific extensions to SQL, it will highlight the
majority of the syntax. Also has great grep (including savable search
patterns), Applescript, FTP, CVS, and shell script support, if those
things interest you. I write most of my SQL in it before feeding the
file to psql or just copying and pasting the commands into phppgadmin
or psql directly.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com