Re: Simple SQL too slow

From: Julien Rouhaud <julien(dot)rouhaud(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Daviramos Roussenq Fortunato <daviramosrf(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Simple SQL too slow
Date: 2017-07-01 21:17:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 01/07/2017 22:58, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> After that, you need to determine what is the bottleneck. Perhaps the
> resources are saturated by something else running on the system - other
> queries, maybe something else running next to PostgreSQL. Look at top
> and iotop while running the queries, and other system tools.

Another explanation would be network issue. Are they stored in
different locations? And dhoes

EXPLAIN ANALYZE select * from MINHATABELA

has similar timings on both environment?

Also, I didn't see any indication about how exactly were the tests
performed. Was it using psql, pgAdmin or something else ?

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org