Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??

From: Eugene Poole <etpoole60(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??
Date: 2017-12-05 18:59:26
Lists: pgsql-general

I've asked most of my OS based questions on another mail list, but I
think this is more specific:

On a physical machine I'm running CentOS-6 64-bit with Oracle 11gR2 and
I want to migrate to another physical machine running CentOS-7 64-bit
with PostgreSQL ??

1. What version of PostgreSQL should I use?

2. I don't want to use a RPM because I like controlling where
software is installed, so where can I locate the required tar ball?

3. Would I use ora2pg do do the move? Is ora2pg still maintained?

4. Is there a better conversion package?

5. What additional information might be helpful?

TIA

Gene

--
Eugene Poole