RE: BUG #18168: Parallel worker failed to initialize: could not create inherited socket: error code 10106

From: "Boyer, Maxime (he/him | il/lui)" <Maxime(dot)Boyer(at)cra-arc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: BUG #18168: Parallel worker failed to initialize: could not create inherited socket: error code 10106
Date: 2023-10-25 14:44:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> FWIW, the PG code that throws that error message is old enough to vote;
> it's not something we changed in a recent minor release.

Yeah, that's what I thought :'D

> I am guessing you saw the impact of some external event, but I don't know what.

Fair enough. This happened the day after reverting to 11, because of the memory error on 14, but I also doubt it's related. I was stopping one of the application node at the time. Maybe a Windows thing, or something related to the firmware updates.

We can leave it there for now then. We might try to fallback to see if it happens again.

Thanks,
Maxime