Re: Hide function source

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hide function source
Date: 2021-10-10 14:08:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 10/10/21 04:50, Nelson Gonzaga wrote:
> Dear,
> How do I hide a function source code from all users except superuser,
> but all can execute it?
> Thanks,
> Nelson

That is not possible. Postgres doesn't store functions in the compiled
form, it stores them in the source form. Each process that executes a
function has to compile it first. If you are looking for something like
the Oracle "wrap", it might exist as an extension, I don't know. Please
be aware that even Oracle "wrap" is not very secure. There is a public
SQL*Developer extension which unwraps the wrapped source code.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant