Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?
Date: 2023-05-18 18:51:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/18/23 13:02, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2023, Tony Xu wrote:
>
>> Our use-case is for a multi-tenancy scenario - we are considering using
>> different databases to store different customer's data, however, for
> Why not using multiple clusters then?

Yet More Firewall Rules to get approved by the Security Team.  And then they
balk at port 5433 because they've never heard of it.

And from a technical point of view, one Postgresql system can better manage
the memory on a VM than two which don't know about each other.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.