Re: Backing up and restoring a database with the SELinux pg_user problem.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joseph Kiniry <kiniry(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backing up and restoring a database with the SELinux pg_user problem.
Date: 2005-02-04 00:37:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Joseph Kiniry <kiniry(at)acm(dot)org> writes:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on this problem? How can I recreate
> pg_user?

Sure, just run the CREATE VIEW command executed by initdb; it's in the
initdb shell script. Note that all the objects created that way (with
"postgres <<EOF" shell constructs) will be missing --- you'll likely
find you have to create some more missing bits too.

FWIW, I think that the latest selinux-policy and postgresql RPMs should
fix this problem.