Problem resolved (tsearch2 inhibiting migration)

From: Karl Denninger <karl(at)denninger(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem resolved (tsearch2 inhibiting migration)
Date: 2005-02-04 00:44:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Got it fixed.

As it happens, there's an "untsearch2.sql" script in the contrib directory.
Removing the transaction block around it allowed it to kill all the "dregs"
from the 7.4.x database entries (on 8.0.1) and a subsequent "tsearch2.sql"
was then able to rebuild them.

I had to reinsert the columns and indices, but that's not a big deal.

All fixed... thanks to the pointer to the OID issue, that got me on the
right track.

Karl Denninger (karl(at)denninger(dot)net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind