Re: Packaging request MobilityDB

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)abcsql(dot)com>
To: Esteban Zimanyi <estebanzimanyi(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bradford Boyle <bradford(dot)d(dot)boyle(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, SCHOEMANS Maxime <Maxime(dot)Schoemans(at)ulb(dot)be>
Subject: Re: Packaging request MobilityDB
Date: 2023-06-07 15:50:59
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Le 07/06/2023 à 17:16, Esteban Zimanyi a écrit :
> Dear Bradford
>
> Many thanks for your work.

Seconded! and tks for MobilityDB too !

> * We solved the stack smashing problem you found.
> * We set the log_error_verbosity to terse for the tests and removed
> the special treatment of ERROR, CONTEXT, and WARNING that may vary
> across PostgreSQL and PostGIS versions.
> * For the tests, we can easily switch to the settings 'PST8PDT' for
> the timezone and 'Postgres, MDY' for the date style if this is the
> general way to do things. We simply need to regenerate all tests and
> push them in a new commit. We just wonder if the same settings are
> equally valid for all other distributions. Please advise.

Yeah, 'PST8PDT' is the way to go for PostgreSQL test [1]

I believe it's valid for other distributions.

Apparently datestyle is not documented here, but pg_regress does:

     /*
      * Set timezone and datestyle for datetime-related tests
      */
     setenv("PGTZ", "PST8PDT", 1);
     setenv("PGDATESTYLE", "Postgres, MDY", 1);

see also [2] which might be useful as it mentions some corner cases for
other systems.

[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/regress-evaluation.html#id-1.6.20.6.8

[2]: https://doxygen.postgresql.org/pg__regress_8c_source.html#l00702

---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL: Expertise - Formation - Développement - Assistance Technique