[Pljava-dev] Using the $DATADIR variable within postgresql.conf

From: whalesuit at gmail(dot)com (Eric E)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Using the $DATADIR variable within postgresql.conf
Date: 2006-06-02 19:31:50
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi all,
I'm trying to set up PL/JAVA in a flexible way based on the mount point of
my data for postgres. I'd like to have to dynamic_library_path point to
$DATADIR/pljava, where $DATADIR the data directory of postgres (the
directory containing postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf). That way I can just
mount the postgres data onto a mount point, point the postmaster to the
right place, and have PL/JAVA ready to roll with the database. This type of
flexibility becomes particularly relevant with Xen images...

The problem is that I don't know how to reference the $DATADIR environment
variable from with postgresql.conf. I've tried $DATADIR, $datadir,
$data_directory (which apparently must be hard-set at the top of
postgresql.conf ), ${DATADIR}, {$DATADIR}, etc. I always get the same
message in the deployer:
ERROR: invalid macro name in dynamic library path: $libdir;{$DATADIR}/pljava

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,

Eric