[Pljava-dev] SPI Updatable recordset

From: whalesuit at gmail(dot)com (Eric E)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] SPI Updatable recordset
Date: 2006-06-02 19:25:12
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,
I'm trying to use PL/JAVA's SPI connection to create an updatable
recordset, and I keep getting an exception when I try to initialize a
statement with CONCUR_UPDATABLE.

The problematic function is this:

public ResultSet getUpdatableResultSet(String sSQLStatement) throws
SQLException{
return db_conn.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,
ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE)
.executeQuery(sSQLStatement);
}

I have tried using ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,
ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
and ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE
and all give me the same exception.

The statement works fine when running the code as a standalone program and
using the standard Postgres 8.0 JDBC driver. Executing a SQL DLL command
against a Statement from the SPI connection works just fine.

Any ideas? Is it possible to get an updatable ResultSet from the SPI
connection?

Thanks,

Eric