Re: Non Identifying Foreign Key Relationships

From: "Karen Grose" <kgrose(at)vigilos(dot)com>
To: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Non Identifying Foreign Key Relationships
Date: 2003-03-25 01:29:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I apologize for wasting your time reading this post... I retested after seeing your reply and noticed that I had forgotten the cardinal rule that '' and NULL are not the same! I put NULL into the insert statements for the column in question and it worked as expected.

Thank you for your time,

Karen Grose
kgrose(at)vigilos(dot)com