Re: Is there a way to use "pack" in pl/perl without resorting to pl/perlu?

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)unicell(dot)co(dot)il>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a way to use "pack" in pl/perl without resorting to pl/perlu?
Date: 2012-09-12 16:45:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to enable individual operators through the postgresql configuration file or something.

Anyway, I replaced the functionality with $content =~ s/([a-fA-F0-9]{2})/chr(hex($1))/eg; which seems to be doing the same thing as unpack( "H*", $content ), which is basically what I needed for the time being. I suspect it's less efficient than unpack, and I hope the function I created won't be too slow for use inside a trigger.

Thanks,
Herouth

--
חרות מעוז