How to simulate (run) the function

From: bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to simulate (run) the function
Date: 2009-09-05 02:43:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello;

I have an SQL function and I need to know how to simulate it (calling it and pass for it the argument and see what the value it returns), HOW? Can I do this from the pgAdminIII GUI or from the CLI?

This method help to check that the function is working fine specially if it will be called using the a specific username which has access to that function.

Any advise?

Regards
Bilal