Re: pgsql: Move strtoint() to common

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Move strtoint() to common
Date: 2018-03-15 22:30:08
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> build now works, ecpg tests fail.

> I stared at the code for a while, didn't notice anything amiss. I'm
> mystified. Peter?

I'm wondering if the Windows environment is somehow supplying a
"strtoint" that isn't actually ABI-compatible with ours.

A different theory is that the pg_restrict markers are bollixing things.
No idea how, but they don't look like they're really doing anything for us
optimization-wise, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to remove them and see
if that makes a difference.