Re: ssh tunneling

From: Jacobo Sánchez López <jsanchez(at)denodo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ssh tunneling
Date: 2024-01-24 08:39:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Maybe the original message is about SSH proxy instead of tunneling?

The PostgreSQL protocol makes a SSH upgrade instead of starting the
communication with SSH handshake and that is a problem when using some
SSH proxies/load balancers which are nowadays common in cloud
environments. I also wish there was a way to connect directly to a SSH
socket but that is not about the driver but how PostgreSQL communication
protocol I guess.

Regards

Jacobo