[Pljava-dev] pljava error logging levels

From: cwelton at greenplum(dot)com (Caleb Welton)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava error logging levels
Date: 2010-07-26 21:08:34
Lists: pljava-dev

Well the original question I asked was "Why does PL/Java try to filter log levels at all?". If we simply disabled the log filtering from PL/Java and let the log filtering happen naturally in Postgres then all of these problems just go away.

This could be accomplished using the attached patch.

Alternatively, significant improvement could be made by at least setting the log level correctly at init time by checking both log_min_messages AND client_min_messages and setting the log level to whichever is FINER grained logging. But since this still doesn't address changes to the GUCs over time it seems like a less desirable approach.

Regards,
Caleb