[Pljava-dev] closing jdbc connections within pljava calls

From: sdandapani at counterpane(dot)com (Sriram Dandapani)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] closing jdbc connections within pljava calls
Date: 2006-04-11 19:43:53
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi

I am implementing autonomous transactions by making a pljava call...and
within the java function, I obtain a jdbc connection using the
postgresql driver.

During a regular plpgsql function call, several calls are made to this
java function.

Should I close the jdbc connection when the plgsql function
terminates..or does the fact that the jvm is terminated sufficient ?
What is the impact of not closing the jdbc connection ? The reason I ask
is because an error could cause the plpsql function to terminate
abnormally.