[Pljava-dev] out of memory

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] out of memory
Date: 2006-04-11 15:33:06
Lists: pljava-dev

Marek Lewczuk wrote:
> If it isn't high, so why pljava hangs - it doesn't throw any error,
> postgresql process is working but pljava function do nothing (I need
> to kill process manually in order unlock postgresql resources). I will
> try to execute it again and see how much memory it consumes.

I don't know why it hangs. An out-of-memory would typically cause a
termination, not a hanging. Which JVM are you using and on which
platform? What is the behavior of your hung process? Is it consuming
lots of CPU cycles or none at all?

> Latest, stable release - 1.2. My pljava function doesn't return a set,
> so I don't think that this will fix my problem.

Well, if you have a chance, please try out the new stuff. The fix
regarding set returning functions is not the only change since 1.2 and
I'd hate to spend time on something that's not an issue in the new code.

> I close every statement and this should close automatically all
> ResultSet related to the statement.
OK, to rephrase my question - Do you rely on that ResultSets are closed
by the Statement close or do you close them too explicitly?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren