Replication Monitoring

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication Monitoring
Date: 2007-12-06 22:43:43
Lists: pgsql-general

[posted again as it found it's way into another thread]

Hi people,

I intend to set up two slave servers, one using WAL shipping and one
using Slony I.

Are there any good tools, or scripts that'll help us check that both
replication methods are working?

I know theres Nagios - but what does this actually allow us to
monitor?

Also if I want to make backups from the slaves to save master
downtime / load what are my options?

Thanks

Glyn Astill

Sent from Yahoo! - the World's favourite mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com