PostgreSQL Windows x64 Build

From: "Serge Fonville" <serge(dot)fonville(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Windows x64 Build
Date: 2008-11-15 21:45:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have been using PostgreSQL for quite a while now.
And (pure out of interest) been trying to build a Windows x64 version of it.
I suspect I either need mingw-w64 or Visual Studio.
I already found a x64 version of some of the required tools.
Unfortunately it seems 'impossible' to build an x64 version of PostgreSQL.
Due to a lot of 'choices' inside the code.
I do not understand enough of it at this time I believe, yet a lot of
reading and a little help would make chances of success a lot bigger.
Does anyone have pointers about how I would go about as to what to do
I am currently running Windows Vista x64 and have mingw-w64 and Visual
Studio 2008 installed

Thanks a lot in advance.

Serge Fonville