Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted

From: "Gurjeet Singh" <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Douglas McNaught" <doug(at)mcnaught(dot)org>
Subject: Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
Date: 2006-05-17 02:52:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Do we have any plans of introducing 'AUTONOMOUS TRANSACTION' like feature?

Again, it might not be a part of the standard.... but it is very
helpful in situations like these!!! You can run a trigger with an
autonomous transaction attached to it, which guarantees that the work
done by trigger persists even though the calling transaction rolls
back (potentially a hacker trying to cover his tracks)!!!

(http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/autonomous/index.html)

Gurjeet.