Re: Postgis - geography function

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sameer TWAYANA <sameertwans(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgis - geography function
Date: 2022-01-05 13:20:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/5/22 09:48, Sameer TWAYANA wrote:
> Hi Sir,
>
> I need some help. I have been using the postgis extension for many
> years. Now in postgis version 3.2 using geom data in geography with
> ST_Length and ST_Distance function returns some weird results. Before I
> used 3.1.4, all was good. But I got different results in version 3.2. So
> can you suggest why I am getting different results in postgis version 3.2.
>
> I really appreciate for your help. Thank you.

You haven't shown a lot of detail about the issue, so it's hard to say
what's going on, unfortunately :-(

You'll need to show us some queries with expected/actual results (the
simpler the better, of course). And provide info about the Postgres
version, etc.

BTW if it's a problem related to PostGIS, maybe using a mailing list for
that specific project [1] would yield better results.