Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (unknown) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (unknown) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange
Date: 2021-07-20 21:54:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Do I understand correctly that enforce_generic_type_consistency() is
> called only after check_generic_type_consistency() returned true?
> If so, that means some of the checks are redundant. Therefore, we can
> replace ereport()'s with Assert()'s.

They are not redundant, IIRC. I forget the exact mechanism for
reaching them, but it likely has something to do with aggregates
or variadic functions.

In any case, apologies for taking so long to get back to this. Here's
a proposed patch (based in part on Neil's earlier patch).

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-bug-17066.patch text/x-diff 27.9 KB