Re: impact pgbench on a physical replicated stream

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: impact pgbench on a physical replicated stream
Date: 2023-07-28 14:50:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/28/23 07:20, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> Hi, I would like to pgbench the production postgres that is being physical
> replicated to a slave. Will I shoot myself in the foot because of the
> physical replication if I try pgbench on prodcution postgres.

Replication or not, why are you running pgbench on a *production* server?

And by "shoot myself in the foot", are you asking whether it would overwhelm
some system or another, thereby breaking replication?  If so, we can't
answer that, since we don't know the hardware specifications, your current
workload, and whether or not you're doing synchronous or asynchronous
replication.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.