Re: beta time

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: beta time
Date: 2004-08-08 05:43:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I committed the attached.

Minor gripe: this bit of documentation seems out of date now.

! For example, elements containing curly braces, commas (or whatever the
! delimiter character is), double quotes, backslashes, or leading white
! space must be double-quoted. To put a double quote or backslash in a

Should say "leading or trailing whitespace", no?

> Regarding the release notes, I take it that we should modify
> doc/src/sgml/release.sgml?

Yup.

> Does the following sound reasonable, or
> should I provide specific examples?

Seems roughly the right amount of detail to me. Note you should make
entries under both "observe the following incompatibilities" and the
general list of datatype/function changes.