Pgadmin4: preference to not ask to save query on close

From: Doug Easterbrook <doug(at)artsman(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pgadmin4: preference to not ask to save query on close
Date: 2016-11-16 18:27:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

hi again dave.

the tabs for the queries are great.. it is a little painful when you have a few of them open and then just want to close them all — because you get asked if you want to discard it.

there are two thoughts here.

first, I might suggest that the message should say ‘do you want to SAVE’ it and that the buttons say ‘SAVE’ and ‘NO’.

traditionally, such messages suggest save … and a yes answer makes me think I want to save it, so I keep hitting no. I’m getting hit by culturally inbred messages from my past.

I also would like to ask for a preference not to be bothered and to just close the query window without saving. Thats mostly what we do.

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
mailto:doug(at)artsman(dot)com
http://www.artsman.com