Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Date: 2024-06-25 17:55:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jun 25, 2024, at 7:33 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> wrote:

> I took at a stab at this, using some of your text, but discussing API and ABI separately.

Oh man this is fantastic, thank you! I’d be more than happy to just turn this into a patch. But where should it go? Upthread I assumed xfunc.sgml, and still think that’s a likely candidate. Perhaps I’ll just start there --- unless someone thinks it should go somewhere other than the docs.

Best,

David