Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases
Date: 2006-03-17 18:55:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

mbertheau(dot)pg(at)googlemail(dot)com ("Markus Bertheau") writes:
> 2006/3/17, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>:
>> Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Any reason psql doesn't do this by default? It is clear that the
> database name does not unambiguously identify a database, but having a
> history for each database name is already an improvement over the
> current situation.

I fairly frequently find myself accessing different (but similar)
databases, and it's quite valuable to be able to submit the *same*
queries to them.

This change would make it troublesome to do that. I'd not be all that
keen on the change...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html