Re: function defined (or not), more worries on version 10->14 upgrade

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: function defined (or not), more worries on version 10->14 upgrade
Date: 2022-04-15 17:07:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/15/22 9:53 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
> The function in question is working but I'm having trouble getting at
> it's current definition and the possibility that there are more v10->v14
> issues in this database.  The last ERROR: below seems to me "a system
> thing"(tm)

> barnard=# \df genome_threshold_mono(pbs_name text, genome_name text,
> conf double precision);
> ERROR:  invalid regular expression: parentheses () not balanced

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html

See **...** portion, my addition.

\df[anptwS+] [ pattern [ arg_pattern ... ] ]

Lists functions, together with their result data types, argument
data types, and function types, which are classified as “agg”
(aggregate), “normal”, “procedure”, “trigger”, or “window”. To display
only functions of specific type(s), add the corresponding letters a, n,
p, t, or w to the command. If pattern is specified, only functions whose
names match the pattern are shown. **Any additional arguments are
type-name patterns, which are matched to the type names of the first,
second, and so on arguments of the function. (Matching functions can
have more arguments than what you specify. To prevent that, write a dash
- as the last arg_pattern.)** By default, only user-created objects are
shown; supply a pattern or the S modifier to include system objects. If
the form \df+ is used, additional information about each function is
shown, including volatility, parallel safety, owner, security
classification, access privileges, language, source code and description.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com