Re: vacuumdb: permission denied for schema "pg_temp_7"

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, vaibhave postgres <postgresvaibhave(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, vsekar(at)microsoft(dot)com
Subject: Re: vacuumdb: permission denied for schema "pg_temp_7"
Date: 2024-09-21 05:59:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2024/09/21 8:07, Tom Lane wrote:

> I agree a more general fix is needed, but I think excluding temp
> tables as suggested is a good idea for performance, independently of
> permissions concerns. vacuum_rel() will ignore requests to vacuum
> such tables, which is why we've not heard complaints before, but
> nonetheless we're wasting server round trips by issuing those
> requests.

+1

It looks like reindexdb has the same issue. It would be good to
update reindexdb to skip temp tables as well to fix this.

+ appendPQExpBufferStr(&catalog_query, " AND c.relpersistence <> 't'");

For the proposed patch, it seems better to use CppAsString2(RELPERSISTENCE_TEMP)
instead of 't'.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao