Re: vacuumdb: permission denied for schema "pg_temp_7"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, vaibhave postgres <postgresvaibhave(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, vsekar(at)microsoft(dot)com
Subject: Re: vacuumdb: permission denied for schema "pg_temp_7"
Date: 2024-09-20 23:07:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> writes:
> [...]

I agree a more general fix is needed, but I think excluding temp
tables as suggested is a good idea for performance, independently of
permissions concerns. vacuum_rel() will ignore requests to vacuum
such tables, which is why we've not heard complaints before, but
nonetheless we're wasting server round trips by issuing those
requests.