Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-28 02:09:36
Lists: pljava-dev

On 07/27/20 06:45, Kartik Ohri wrote:
> Hi! The initial version of the javadoc mojo is ready. I have pushed the
> changes. For now, I have just exposed a function using which arguments
> could be added to the javadoc tool. I also wrote some script for making the
> tool work. The javadoc tool works for pljava-api but not for pljava. I am
> trying to debug this. It also works for PL/Java Examples. I have hardcoded

That looks like a good start. I wonder if the explicit start of a subprocess
could be replaced with javax.tools.ToolProvider.getSystemDocumentationTool()
and the corresponding API.

I think that could be simple enough to just directly use from the
JavaScript, which would mean the mojo would not have to be called
JavadocMojo or have Javadoc-specific functionality built in. It could
concentrate on being a plugin that allows scripting of new reports in
general to run in the site lifecycle.

> I did not try to go the interface route yet because I am not sure of the
> order in which maven calls these methods. Because if maven calls these
> methods before the executeReport method it would be of no use.

It might (or, then again, might not) work to guard against that concern
by factoring some initialization code into a method of its own, to be
called from wrappers around the various interface methods.

Regards,
-Chap