Re: inet/cidr type comparisons

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jim Mercer <jim(at)reptiles(dot)org>
Cc: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inet/cidr type comparisons
Date: 2001-06-11 18:33:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jim Mercer <jim(at)reptiles(dot)org> writes:
> while you are in there, can you cahnge the print functions so that they
> are consistent?

I believe they are consistent in 7.1; leastwise, you will have to make
a pretty good argument why we should change them again. We had a very
long discussion that led up to the current solution.

There are formatting functions that provide various alternative displays
if you don't like the default one, btw.