Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters

From: Jernej Simončič <jernej-s31+pg(at)simoncic(dot)si>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters
Date: 2024-05-01 11:12:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On sreda, 01. maj 2024, 02:09:29, David G. Johnston wrote:

> There is no bug here.  The pattern specified doesn’t quote the identifier so it is folded to lowercase.

Ah, I missed that pattern is folded to lower-case.

> You will need to deal with getting quotes into the pattern while dealing with the fact your OS uses quotes for its own purpose.

On Windows the program itself deals with splitting the command line to arguments – Windows just passes everything as a single string (though the C library does abstract this away, so in this case --exclude-database="\"Lidar\"" or even --exclude-database=\"Lidar\" works).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><><><><><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >