Re: Please add the ability to add columns into the middle of a table.

From: Patrick Headley <pheadley(at)linxco-inc(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please add the ability to add columns into the middle of a table.
Date: 2016-05-06 20:59:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am certainly open to the wiki idea. Each script has to be customized
so only a description of the steps and samples could be included. How do
I go about adding this to the wiki? Is there someone else that maintains
the wiki that I can contact? Is it something I could write up and turn
over to the wiki maintainer for publishing?

The idea for the script comes from SQL Server Management Studio,
Microsoft Access and, while I haven't used MySQL in quite a while, I
believe it can also handle the insertions of fields in the middle of a
table using the SQL Workbench product. I use it on an almost daily basis
in the work I do. I imagine the benefits for users, once working would
outweigh the complaints that you would receive during development. For
me, the benefits would be that I could apply the time it takes to write
a script towards modifying my clients' products in other ways. Please
reconsider your original reply.

And thank you for the quick response to my initial request.

*/Patrick Headley/*
Linx Consulting, Inc.
pheadley(at)linxco-inc(dot)com
www.linxco-inc.com