Re: how plsql work on postgresql

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Selina Tech <swucareer99(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how plsql work on postgresql
Date: 2016-03-29 23:16:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 03/29/2016 03:57 PM, Selina Tech wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I just start to learn plsql and plpgsql. There are a lot of
> comparison of pl/sql and pl/pgsql available online. I am wondering why
> plsql work well on Postgresql and how it work? Is the code converted to
> plpgsql code?
> If use postgresql database server, which one is better
> between plsql and pl/pgsql?

I find myself using pl/pgsql more then plsql(assuming you mean
this(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/xfunc-sql.html))
just because pl/pgsql offers more ways to manipulate data. FYI, there
are languages available e.g. pl/pythonu, pl/perl, pl/tcl. pl/java, etc.

Some resources:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/plpgsql-porting.html

http://ora2pg.darold.net/documentation.html#plsql_to_plpsql_convertion

--