Re: [Pljava-dev] Video Tutorial - How to Build and Install PL/Java

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Video Tutorial - How to Build and Install PL/Java
Date: 2016-03-06 19:14:59
Lists: pljava-dev

On 3/6/2016 12:27 AM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> Well, so the document/wiki format instructions are already there, and
> I think Igal has added something very valuable for people who do prefer
> to see a process shown. (Especially if it can be edited to show common
> experiences like what happens when libjvm_location isn't right, or what
> happens on your *next* session if you didn't save the right GUC values,
> or search path, or class path ... because those seem to be the causes
> of a lot of "what's going wrong?" inquiries, and in a written doc it
> is hard to emphasize them enough for the readers who are skimming,
> without seeming to overdo it for the ones who are concentrating.)
I agree with Chap. the written docs are very clear, but I think that
most users are too lazy to read the whole thing, especially if it seems
a bit overwhelming. a video can show that it really isn't as
complicated as it might first look.

my concern with showing pitfalls and troubleshooting as per the other
email in this thread is that it will still show the process to be
overwhelming.
> I am assuming, of course, that Igal is using nice editing software, and
> still has the input bits and not just the final rendering....
unfortunately, I do not. I am using Windows Movie Maker, which is the
default program that comes with Windows. I tried a couple of the
commercial products for Windows but they have been even worse, with many
crashes, etc.

still, I can re-do the video given the right information.

Igal