Re: Let's Do the CoC Right

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date: 2016-01-22 19:44:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/22/2016 11:28 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 7:41 PM, David E. Wheeler
> <david(at)justatheory(dot)com <mailto:david(at)justatheory(dot)com>> wrote:
>

> They are in fact both unreconstructed bigots.
>

> Regardless whether it's true or not (to which I cannot speak), surely
> statements like that would violate *both* the contributor covenant
> *and* the CoC suggested by others.

hahahaha, for that matter so does referring to them as 'two white
guys'. In fact, an armchair lawyer could have a hey-day with each and
every one of Regina's characterizations of the players in the Ruby soap
opera. I was going to use the phrase 'somewhat snarky' in that last
sentence but I'll refrain as it might be taken as a character
assassination and be in violation of some covenent or another.

I'm firmly in the 'keep this as short, simple, and terse as possible'
camp, with zero references to any specific sorts of categories of
differences. How about "off topic BS will not be tolerated" ?

oh look, this entire discussion of CoC's is off topic for
PostgreSQL-general, and its most certainly 'BS' by my reckoning! (tongue
planted in cheek).