Re: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java build/installation rework ready to merge

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java build/installation rework ready to merge
Date: 2015-12-19 04:58:24
Lists: pljava-dev

On 12/15/15 23:59, Chapman Flack wrote:
> This morning I made a pull request at the PL/Java GitHub repo
> to improve the build/installation experience in a bunch of ways
> first laid out back in July:
>
> https://github.com/tada/pljava/pull/76

I have merged that PR ...

> Testing reports, impressions of the new documentation, etc., are
> welcome. In an earlier pljava-dev thread there was discussion of
> advancing the version number in Maven to 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT and setting
> the wheels in motion for a 1.5.0 release.

... and created PR 77, to change the version to 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.

I only have a short list of small things that (IMHO) ought to happen
before turning -SNAPSHOT into -alpha1 (or even directly to a -beta,
depending on whether it seems more important to have a lengthy alpha/
beta period or to get a first-release-in-four-years into people's hands).

In any case, this seems to be a good time for any testing that interests
you, contacting your favorite distribution spinners to alert them something
is coming, etc.

I'll compose a separate e-mail with that short list of outstanding items
that I'm aware of, for any comments / additions.

-Chap